- Limited Childcare is available for children 1 year old through 2nd grade.
**Childcare will only be offered from 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday**
To ensure your child has a safe and enriching experience while in our care, we want to share what will be offered by the Southwest church of Christ congregation(SWCOC), and what is expected of you as parent/guardian of the preschool child.
1. SWCOC has made every effort to find and provide loving, Christian caregivers for children in our care. We desire to elevate "babysitting" to short-term, quality child care.
2. Staff has been trained in how to manage child accidents or emergencies. A parent will be notified immediately of any major injury. Minor boo-boos will be tended to, and the parent will be notified in writing at pick up time.
3. Children's physical and emotional needs will be met in a caring and timely manner.
4. Age-appropriate materials will be available throughout the time the child is in care. We have manipulatives, home-living toys, puzzles, books, and gross-motor materials gathered for your child's fun.
5. It is normal for young children to be cautious or even really unhappy as they go into a new situation. Our caregivers expect some resistance/tears, and will try to soothe and engage each child quickly. If, after a reasonable amount of time, your child cannot become happy busy, someone will alert the designated adult to come tend to the child, or remove him from care. We want what is best for all the children and caregiver.
What we expect from you:
1. All paperwork must be filled out completely. We need as much information as possible about you and your child to keep your child happy and safe. We must be able to reach a parent at anytime during the lecture sessions.
2. You must pick your child up PROMPTLY at specified times.
3. No unattended children will be allowed in the building. If your preschool child is not registered for babysitting, they must be with you at all times. Children roaming the building or grounds will not be tolerated for their own safety and for the safety of the ARISE attendees.
4. There may be times during the day when you as a parent may use the rooms designated for child care to care for your children, however, you as a parent must remain in the room to supervise your child and ensure that whatever mess is made is cleaned up before you leave.
Failure to comply with any of these items may result in forfeiting the privilege of child care.
Waiver and Release of Liability
Event: ARISE 2023
Dates: March 3-5, 2023
Activity: General Childcare
In consideration of my being permitted to participate in the Event and Activity referenced above (collectively, the “Activity”), wherever the Activity may occur, I hereby attest that, after reading the Form completely and carefully, I acknowledge that my participation in the Activity is entirely voluntary, and I further understand and agree as follows:
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in all activities at Southwest church of Christ (SWCOC), ARISE workshop at 8900 Manchaca Rd. Austin, TX 78748, including but not limited to, any risks that may arise from the negligence or carelessness of SWCOC, elders, deacons, preacher, and volunteers (collectively, the “Host”) and/or from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, operated or controlled by the Host.
I understand that incidental to my participation in the Activity, i may be engaging in activities that involve risk of possible injury, illness, permanent disability, dismemberment, and death, and that such participation may also involve the risks of severe property loss and damage. I understand that these risks may result from the actions, negligence and failure to act of myself and others and from the condition of any property, facilities or equipment used. I also understand that there may be risks involved that are not known to me or to the Released Parties, and may not be foreseen or reasonably foreseeable by any of us at this time or at the time of the Activity. Despite knowing these risks, I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the Activity and agree to assume all related risks, including without limitation those enumerated above. And accept personal responsibility for any injury of any kind or nature that I or my property may suffer arising out of of in connection with my participation in the Activity.
PHYSICAL CONDITION/MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION: I hereby certify that I and/or the minors under my guardianship are physically fit for participation in the Event/Activity, have the skills level required in conjunction with the Activity, and have not been advised otherwise. I agree that before I or the minors under my guardianship participate in the Activity, I will inspect all related facilities and equipment. In connection with any injury sustained or illness or medical conditions experienced during my attendance in connection with the Activity, I authorize any emergency first aid, medication, medical treatment or surgery deemed necessary by the attending medical personnel if I am not able to act on my own behalf. Additionally, I authorize medical treatment for me or the minors under my guardianship, at my cost, if the need arises; however, I acknowledge that the Released Parties shall have no duty, obligation or liability arising out of the provision of, or failure to provide, medical treatment.
In consideration for permitting me or the minors under my guardianship to engage in or participate in the Activity, I agree for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, successors, and assigns as follows:
I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE the Host from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from negligence of the Host, for my or minors death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or any other damage or actions nor any kind which may affect or impact me or the minors under my guardianship in any way arising from the Activity.
I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the Host from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of my participation in the Activity, whether caused by the negligence of the Host or otherwise.
This Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form (“Release Form”) shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Texas. This Release Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT; AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
PARENT/GUARDIAN WAIVER FOR MINORS (Under 18 years old)
The undersigned parent or natural guardian does herby represent that he/she is acting in such capacity, has consented to his/her child’s participation in activities at the Event, and has agreed individually and on behalf of the child, to the terms of the Release Form set forth above.