We are excited to welcome everyone back to Camp Hensel for 2021!
- What: Summer Camp!
- When: June 13th – 18th
- Theme: In Spirit and in Truth: A Study of Worship – John 2:24
- Who: Current Ages 3rd – 12th grades
We know that Covid has thrown everyone for a loop. We hope that the abundant sunshine and great outdoors at Hensel will give us all an opportunity to get back to normal! There will be a health screening and questionnaire at check-in. We will emphasize good hygiene and will have extra hand washing stations during camp. Anyone who chooses to wear a mask absolutely can. We will ask that anyone, who in the two weeks leading up to camp, has had a family member in their house or a very close contact to someone with Covid to call us. We look forward to this wonderful time together.
Questions or concerns? Email: Camp@swcofc.org
Dear Interested Camper and Parent/Guardian,
The Southwest church of Christ is once again privileged to host our annual Bible camp this coming June. The date for this year’s session is June 13-18. Camp is designed for those who have completed grades 3 through 12 at the end of this school year.
Camp will be held at the Hensel Camp, located at 7819 Singleton Bend Road, Marble Falls, Texas 78654. Campers can receive mail at that address that will be passed out daily.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to sponsor this event for another year. Several good brethren have been working hard and are continuing to do so to ensure spiritual growth, fun, and safety are the focus of the camp session. This is always a busy time, but we are excited about this year’s session.
Please read all of the information below carefully for more important details.
- Camp check-in time is at 3:00 p.m., Sunday. Parents are responsible for arranging rides to and from camp. Please come directly to the Camp Cafeteria building to check-in first before taking your camper(s) to the cabin area. Campers must bring a sack lunch for the Sunday evening meal, drinks will be provided. Worship will be held Sunday evening at the camp amphitheater, so appropriate attire is requested.
- Check-out time will be 1:00 p.m., Friday. Campers or counselors will not be permitted to leave early unless approved by the director. Everyone will be required to stay at camp until released. If your child needs to be picked up early, please inform the director at registration on Sunday. Maps to Hensel Camp can be found on the Southwest website.
- For several reasons, cell phones are not permitted for campers during the session and will be collected and returned on Friday. Parents are asked not to call the camp unless there is an emergency, as this may cause the youth to become homesick. In the case of an emergency, contact the Camp Director Jamie Harris, (512) 595-2939.
- Hensel Memorial Camp requires fees from all visitors to the facilities, be it a day pass or an overnight pass. Visitors are welcome at camp, but an appropriate fee will be assessed. That does not include drop-off and pick-up times.
Click/tap here to find most of the information you should need for camp, including Letter of Spiritual Intent and Rules and Regulations. The fee this year for camp will be $185.00 for each child. Online registration should be completed as soon as it is available, as camper spots are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis determined by completing the online portion. Checks need to be mailed no later than May 17. Camp T-shirts will be provided and included in the camp fees. See the release form for check payment information and where to mail it.
Donations are accepted and welcomed to help defray the cost of camp and to provide additional funds for youth who desire to attend but do not have the financial means. Please send any donations to the same place and in the same name that camp fees are sent, please mark “donation” on the check.
If there are questions not addressed by this packet or on the website, you can also contact the church office at (512) 282-2486 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to a wonderful year at Hensel Camp!
Regards in Christ,
Jamie Harris, Camp Director