We are excited to welcome everyone back to Camp Hensel for 2022!
- What: Summer Camp!
- When: June 12th – 17th
- Theme: I Want to be a Soul Winner! Prov. 11:30
- Who: Current Ages 3rd – 12th grades
- Campers: https://www.cognitoforms.com/AgricultureTeachersAssociationOfTexas/June12172022
- Staff: https://forms.gle/HEfYJG1KGpjeESef6
- You can email us to see if spots have opened at: Camp@swcofc.org
Make checks payable to Southwest Youth Activity Fund
Southwest church of Christ
Attention: Hensel Camp
8900 Menchaca Road
Austin, TX 78748
Dear Interested Camper and Parent/Guardian,
The Southwest church of Christ is once again privileged to host our annual Bible camp this coming June. The date for this year’s session is June 12-17. Camp is designed for those who have completed grades 3 through 12 at the end of this school year.
Camp will be held at the Hensel Camp, located at 7801 Singleton Bend Road, Marble Falls, Texas 78654. Campers can receive mail at that address that will be passed out daily.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to sponsor this event for another year. Several good brethren have been working hard and are continuing to do so to ensure spiritual growth, fun, and safety are the focus of the camp session. This is always a busy time, but we are excited about this year’s session.
Please read all of the information below carefully for more important details.
- Camp check-in time is at 3:00 p.m., Sunday. Parents are responsible for arranging rides to and from camp. Please come directly to the Camp Cafeteria building to check-in first before taking your camper(s) to the cabin area. Campers must bring a sack lunch for the Sunday evening meal, drinks will be provided. Worship will be held Sunday evening at the camp amphitheater, so appropriate attire is requested.
- Check-out time will be 1:00 p.m., Friday. Campers or counselors will not be permitted to leave early unless approved by the director. Everyone will be required to stay at camp until released. If your child needs to be picked up early, please inform the director at registration on Sunday. Maps to Hensel Camp can be found on the Southwest website.
- For several reasons, cell phones are not permitted for campers during the session and will be collected and returned on Friday. Parents are asked not to call the camp unless there is an emergency, as this may cause the youth to become homesick. In the case of an emergency, contact the Camp Director Jamie Harris, (512) 595-2939.
- The fee this year for camp will be $210.00 for each child. Online registration should be completed as soon as it is available, as camper spots are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis determined by completing the online portion. Checks need to be mailed no later than May 16. Camp T-shirts will be provided and included in the camp fees. See the release form for check payment information and where to mail it.
**More information is found on the final pages of the camper registration link.
Donations are accepted and welcomed to help defray the cost of camp and to provide additional funds for youth who desire to attend but do not have the financial means. Please send any donations to the same place and in the same name that camp fees are sent, please mark “donation” on the check.
Please email email@example.com to inquire about financial assistance.
If there are questions not addressed by this packet or on the website, you can also contact the church office at (512) 282-2486 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to a wonderful year at Hensel Camp!
Regards in Christ,
Camp CO-Director email@example.com